About Me

My photo
dear parents and my beloved students, please be brave to master English through my blog. Hopefully, we can improve our abilities in speaking, writing, listening and reading... touch your friends to learn English with me,.. best regards ... mr joko

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Module 8 - 4th Reading Text

Interviewer        : ... and now, let's meet Emma Black. Emma's thirteen and she wants to be a magician. So, Emma, tell me - when did you start doing magic tricks?
Emma                : When I was four. It was my fourth birthday and my uncle gave me a box of magic tricks. He showed me how to do some of the tricks and I did them for my mum and dad and my friends. Then, when I was six, I started going to classes for Young Magicians on Saturday mornings. Now I go to Young Magicians' classes twice a week, on Monday evenings and Saturday afternoons.
Interviewer        : And what do you do at the classes?
Emma                : Well, the teachers are all really good magicians. They teach us a lot of magic tricks and help us practice them. We have to learn two new tricks every month and do them really well. Then, we perform our new tricks in front of the other students. And one of the teachers films us. When we watch the film later, we can see what we're doing right and what we're doing wrong. The teachers give us marks for each trick. The highest mark is fifteen. Last week, I got thirteen marks for my new card trick. Card tricks are my favourite tricks.
Interviewer        : Right. And do you dress up in special clothes when you perform your tricks?
Emma                : Oh yes. I love wearing my magician's clothes. When I'm performing, I wear black trousers, a bright red jacket and a fantastic gold hat. And, of course, I use a black magic stick when I'm doing my tricks!
Interviewer        : And do you have to practice at home?
Emma                : Yes, that's very important. We have to practice about two hours every day. I usually practice for an hour before I go to school and an hour when I come home.
Interviewer        : Well, that's really interesting. Emma. I hope you …

Taken from: Testbook_Challenges 2_Pearson Longman

No comments:

Post a Comment