About Me

My photo
dear parents and my beloved students, please be brave to master English through my blog. Hopefully, we can improve our abilities in speaking, writing, listening and reading... touch your friends to learn English with me,.. best regards ... mr joko

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Directions to the Museum

(On the street corner)
Tourist: Excuse me, can you help me? I'm lost!
Person: Certainly, where would you like to go?
Tourist: I'd like to go to the museum, but I can't find it. Is it far?
Person: No, not really. It's about a 5 minute walk.
Tourist: Maybe I should call a taxi ...
Person: No, no. It's very easy. Really. (pointing) I can give you directions.
Tourist: Thank you. That's very kind of you.
Person: Not at all. ... Now, go along this street to the traffic lights. Do you see them?
Tourist: Yes, I can see them.
Person: Right, at the traffic lights, turn left into Queen Mary Avenue.
Tourist: Queen Mary Avenue.
Person: Right. Go straight on. Take the second left and enter Museum Drive.
Tourist: OK. Queen Mary Avenue, straight on and then the third left, Museum Drive.
Person: No, it's the SECOND left.
Tourist: Ah, right. The second street on my left.
Person: Right. Just follow Museum Drive and the museum is at the end of the road.
Tourist: Great. Thanks again for your help.
Person: Not at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment