About Me

My photo
dear parents and my beloved students, please be brave to master English through my blog. Hopefully, we can improve our abilities in speaking, writing, listening and reading... touch your friends to learn English with me,.. best regards ... mr joko

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Great Aunt Mary

       My great aunt Mary died a few years ago. My sister and I always liked to visit her because we had a good laugh together.
       Mary loved going to the cinema. She knew names of all the actors and she often saw the same film three or four times. When she was young, she wanted to be an actress but her parents said “No”.
       After she left school, Mary worked in a book shop. She was a good shop assistant because she was helpful and she knew a lot about books. One day, a young man came into the shop to buy a book by Agatha Christie. The young men’s name was George. He was a policeman and his favourite stories were crime stories. George started to visit the book shop every week. Mary and George fell in love and married three years later.
       Mary’s hobby was collecting record players. The machines were old but they worked well. Mary had a large collection of records, too. She also loved buying clothes and she had ten big boxes full of clothes, hats and shoes. We liked to look in her boxes of clothes and find big hats and long dresses to wear. We played her records and danced to them for hours. Mary often told us the story of one of her favourite films. Then Mary, George, my sister and I acted the story for Mary’s neighbours. I don’t think we were very good but they always said we were fantastic!

Taken from: Test Book_Challenges 2_Pearson Longman  

No comments:

Post a Comment